What is involved in a HealthChange® Core Training Part 1 workshop?
The workshop combines presentations, discussion, client cases, videos and practical activities that develop skills in each of the training components of HealthChange® Methodology. These include:
- Fundamental principles of health behaviour change
- Theoretical foundations of health coaching
- Understanding and addressing barriers to change
- Essentials of motivational interviewing and solution-focused coaching
- Agenda setting using a readiness to change framework
- Working with low readiness to change
- Identifying and addressing behavioural and situational barriers to change.
- Identifying and addressing cognitive barriers to health behaviour change (beliefs, attitudes, expectations, thoughts) and enhancing motivation for change
- Identifying emotional barriers to change, brief interventions to manage emotions and mood, and referral issues
- Setting effective goals, including Goal Hierarchies, Goal Setting ‘dos and don’ts’, Goal Striving, Action Planning, Contingency Planning and Relapse Prevention
- Transferring behaviour change practice into the workplace